Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Welcome to the Bergsma Animal Rescue

Yesterday as I walking past the patio door, I caught a glimpse of something "swimming" in the pool. At first I thought it was a bird using our pool as a bird bath. But then I took a closer look and saw that it was in fact a little chipmunk who was drowning!!! So I ran out in my cute little nightgown, grabbed the skimmer net for the pool and pulled him out. The poor little thing was so tired that he just layed there in the net! I grabbed him and wrapped him a towel and placed him in a plastic container and did my best to dry him off and warm him up. I even warmed up a towel in the microwave to cover him up. Poor little thing was shivering so hard he could hardly stand up!
Here is his makeshift heater bed. The first time I put the heated towel on him he literally cling onto it! I had to tear out of his claws to re-warm it! LOL!

After about an hour, he started to stir and then got a whiff of the dog and bolted for the back door. This was the only photo I was able to get of the little guy, before he fled the house!

On another healing note, here is a photo of Anize exactly one week after her biking accident! It's amazing how quickly she is healing!



And one last little note! I was features as the Layout of the week over at Let's Scrap for this LO!



No comments:

Post a Comment